Remember: building organic traffic is robust and a slow process. That doesn't mean you can't give your site the best chance to rank quick and early. Keep reading for high-level advice and tips. You can find more details and actionable items over at the AdCenter Academy.
Focus on the keywords that have good search volume and lower competition. Target long-tail keywords.
Write quality content
- When you find keywords you want to rank for, create strong, unique and engaging content around it.
- Create a blog and publish regularly using the keywords you find in step 1
- Distribute your content on industry forums or communities.
Perform On-Page SEO: Write SEO friendly titles, meta Descriptions, UR, alt tags. Refer to our On-page SEO Checklist for more info.
Internal linking:Link from your page to another page on your site. This helps search engines evaluate your site's credibility, helping you rank higher.
Outbound linking: Get other sites and influencers to link to your page.
Ensure your site is fast, with a loading page speed of less than 2 seconds.
Social Media Presence: Create social media profiles on platforms that complement your strategy. Most importantly, be active by posting and sharing engaging content .
User experience & mobile friendly website
- Google uses mobile-first prioritization, so your site needs to be responsive and user-friendly on mobile devices.
- Nice, clear and friendly layout, navigation and avoid confusing your users.
- Create an RSS Feed
- Dominate Featured Snippets: This is a summary of an answer to a user's query, which is displayed on top of Google search results.
Some other important things to do:
- Submit your link directly to the search engines.
- Submit your Sitemap to Google Search Console.
- Install Google Analytics.
- Add Google Search Console.
- Use Yoast SEO if you are using Wordpress to help write SEO optimized content that ranks.
Some tips to avoid those penalties:
- Avoid building cheap links.
- Avoid paying for inbound links completely.
- Avoid using exact-match anchor text.
- Avoid publishing low quality, scrapped or stolen content.
- Make sure that the content you publish is unique, relevant and helpful to users.