What are the AdCenter Affiliate Policies?
Participation in the AdCenter Affiliate/Publisher program shall be governed by the full adherence to the following Advertising Policies which form part of the Network’s Terms and Conditions. Failure to comply with these Policies can result in suspension and/or termination of the Publisher account.
In addition to the following general policies, each Advertiser may have specific guidelines in relation to the advertisement of their Products or Services. The Network shall advise the Publisher of any such additional guidelines. Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in suspension and or termination of the Publisher account.
Where the Network provides the Publisher with promotional materials (either on its own behalf or on behalf of an Advertiser), such materials shall remain the exclusive property of the Network and or Advertiser and Publisher shall not copy, reproduce, alter, modify, change, broadcast, distribute, transmit, disseminate, sell or offer for sale in any manner except as expressly authorized in writing.
All Publisher’s website(s) must satisfy the following criteria:
- All User information provided must be accurate and true and kept up-to date;
- The Domain information must be accurate and represent your business;
- Any and all payment details must be accurate;
- No duplicate accounts are permitted;
- Must contain appropriate Contact Page containing contact Information, Contact Form for customer queries and or complaints and corresponding response times. The Contact page must be accessible from every subpage;
- Publishers must adopt a DMCA-compliant system for the handling of takedown notices. At a minimum, this must include (a) a written policy that sets forth the Publisher’s requirements for a notice that is effective to trigger a takedown of material, (b) a written policy that provides for the termination of the account or customer status of repeat copyright infringers, that is conspicuously set forth to users of the Publisher’s website (best practice is a prominent link on the Publisher’s home page to the policy), and that is actually enforced by the Publisher, (c) designation with the U.S. Copyright Office of an agent to receive DMCA takedown notices, and (d) the name, address, telephone number and e-mail of each agent must appear on each website operated by the Publisher (best practice is a prominent link to this information on the Publisher’s home page). For Publishers based in the UK and European Union, there must be onsite information for the process for providing notice and or takedown policies in accordance with the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002.
- Must have a home page and or a “reason to exist” and there must be a homepage with subpages. All subpages must be accessible from the homepage. Isolated landing pages are prohibited.
- Website overall functionality: website must be fully functional, no "under construction" pages and all pages must load under 8 seconds.
- Logo: clear and valid logo which represents the website's’ niche: No plain or formatted text can be used as a logo, affiliates must use an image file.
Publishers (and any Publisher website) are strictly prohibited from:
- Using any promotional material other than that as provided by the Network, unless otherwise indicated;
- Promise of file availability: using deceptive, unfair and/or false advertising methods, including but not limited to explicit messaging stating specific content can be found on, or the ability to download or access such content the Advertiser’s site and promising specific content availability;
- Using materials that are in any way disparaging or may bring into disrepute the Advertiser, any other Advertiser and or the Network;
- Encouraging clicks: The following phrases/graphics, or any variation of these are examples:
- "click the ads"
- "support us"
- "visit these links"
- “click image/buttons below”
- arrows or other symbols pointing to the ads or other similar actions.
- Copying or cloning an Advertiser’s landing page, site designs and or URLs;
- Websites that contain any prohibited content such as adult content and or pornographic material; dating services; child pornography or exploitation of any kind; promotion of prohibited activities e.g. terrorism and or any material that can be seen to be in violation of any anti-terrorism legislation; racist or hate speech or any other obscene material; the offering for sale of illegal drugs and or weapons; gambling and or gaming; Intellectual Property Infringement and or any other restricted content;
- Using, placing, promoting, distributing or otherwise publishing content and or materials that are defamatory, libelous, unlawful or otherwise objectionable and or linking to any website that contains content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, fraudulent or violates any laws or regulations;
- Use of signup button(s) and or sign up hyperlinks which directly link or redirect users to an Advertiser’s website;
- Incentivised, non-compliant advertising tactics and or wall offers;
- Unnatural attention to ads: when a website disguises the ads or has layouts that make it hard for users to distinguish between the site’s content and advertiser’s ads. For example: an affiliate website pretending to offer the actual service themselves with product descriptions, confusing visitors into thinking that they will are signing up to the affiliate’s service and not the advertiser’s service.
- Social Media engineering: using fake comments, reviews and testimonials;
- Using materials and or tactics which AdCenter deems as misleading, fraudulent, false and/ or objectionable as so determined by the AdCenter in its sole discretion.
- No false use of any copy or Graphics that implies that the participant been successful in the Sweepstakes and or has won a prize(s) e.g. “You’ve won”, “Claim prize here”, “Status: Ready for Shipment”, “Prize reserved” etc. Any claims to the above must be true, authentic, and validated.
- Creating a landing page, site design and/or URLs and or using deceptive, unfair and/or false advertising methods including, but not limited to, explicit messaging stating that the Participant has been successful in the Contest, Sweepstakes or Giveaway and or won a prize(s).
- Impersonating an established, legitimate enterprise, or any uses of a third party's branding, trademarks and or other intellectual property to mislead the recipient into believing that he is using a site authorized by that third party.
AdCenter shall have the right to revoke Publisher’s status without notice and/or suspend or terminate Publisher's account for any actual or suspected violation of the above prohibitions as may be determined in AdCenter’s sole discretion.
These prohibitions and the other elements of the this Advertising Policy may be updated and/or modified from time to time, and it is the Publisher’s responsibility to ensure that in the course of the Publisher's performance under the agreement or otherwise with respect to any dealings between the Publisher and [ad-center.com] that the Publisher and each Publisher website is in compliance with the prohibitions and other elements of this Advertising Policy as updated.