Server to Server Tracking is a system we developed to have an extra layer of certainty in regards to conversion numbers.
At the highest level, we will be taking a unique identifier from you, and whenever a user on your website clicks one of our advertisements, we will record this identifier, and send it back to you again if a successful conversion takes place. This creates a direct link for you between a user and a successful conversion, and will give you the ability to track country, placement, campaign, creativeID,etc.
To implement Server to Server tracking, a few configurations will need to be made on top of the normal procedure for setting up our Ads. This guide will be assuming that you have successfully deployed our Ads, and are looking to add the Server to Server functionality to them.
- The URL within the Ad will need to be modified in two ways:
- You will need to include a “spid” parameter to the URL in the ad, with a unique string (max 255 characters long) that you should be able to identify when sent back to you. We will be sending this code back to you upon a successful conversion. Where the “spid” is a number generated by you on your side as we said to identify a specific traffic point.
An example text link:
“http://ads.ad-center.com/offer?prod=2&ref=[your ref code]&spid=123456789”
An example smart ad:
“<iframesrc="http://ads.ad-center.com/smart_ad/display?ref=[your ref code]&q=KEYWORD&smart_ad_id=1491&spid=123456789" width="200" height="200" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>”
- You will need to provide us with a callback URL we can send the confirmation of conversion to.After the “spid” value is generated and added to the ad url, when a visitor clicks on the ad that “spid” value will travel across all components of our ad serving platform and return to you as a confirmation on a call back URL you’ve provided.
- Every time a successful conversion occurs, you will receive a HTTP request to the callback URL you provided us, and it will contain the identifier you generated in the GET parameters:
An example callback URL with associated GET “spid” parameter:
Examples of new style links:
- To allow us to send the confirmation message to your servers, we will need to be able to contact you over HTTP.
<iframesrc="http://ads.ad-center.com/smart_ad/display?ref=[your ref code]&smart_ad_id=1491&spid=123456789" width="200" height="200" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>”
http://ads.ad-center.com/smart_ad/display?ref=ref=[your ref code]&smart_ad_id=1491&spid=123456789